"Talent and all that for the most part is nothing but hogwash. Any schoolboy with a little aptitude might very well draw better than I perhaps; but what he most often lacks is the tough yearning for realization, the teeth-grinding obstinacy and saying; even though I know I'm not capable of doing it, I'm still going to do it."
-M.C. Escher

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Several more #Inktober drawings - InkTober No. 12 - 16

Hey everyone, sorry for missing my Thursday post last week, but you know how it goes.  Today's post continues the Inktober project.  We are two-thirds through the month and I've learned quite a lot already.


My line work is better, which I think you can see in this post alone.  I'm really enjoying the juxtaposition of nice cleans and open white space.  My hatching is starting to improve, but it's still my least favorite method of shading.  Without super careful control, it just starts to look like texture, and I'm not super patient with it.


 I've also learned about the snowball effect of getting behind on a project.  I'm currently four drawings behind, with ten days to catch up.  I'll manage to catch up, but I fear the quality may suffer.  We shall see...







No comments:

Post a Comment